Self Introduction.

Please announce about yourself here. This forum is for only new members of Aquapetz!
jack001
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:27 am

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by jack001 » Sat May 28, 2016 1:28 am

Hi Everyone..
This is Jack from Chennai. Had registered in this site for quiet some time, but never took the time to introduce myself. Have been in the hobby since i was a kid, but got introduced to the aquascaping world lately ( 2013).
I have grown up seeing low tech aquariums. As a kid, i was always attracted towards Bettas. Had plenty of them in my school days, i do still have some. I was amazed, when i saw a planted tank three years ago, but couldn't try it because of less resources in my Home town. Started with my first try, when i moved to the city where i am living in currently. Since then, i am learning, learning and still learning. I had a nano marine FOWLR tank for four months, honestly a failure due to the lack of constant attention(bcos of my profession) and quality of equipment used was another factor too. Trying to grab some knowledge from Online forums, already a member in Aquascaping world Forum, Planted tank and Reef central online. At present, i have one planted tank, one in progress. Planning for one more sooner..


Jack

-----------------------------------------
Better to travel well than to arrive

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10361
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by SCORPIO » Sat May 28, 2016 8:41 am

jack001 wrote:Hi Everyone..
This is Jack from Chennai. Had registered in this site for quiet some time, but never took the time to introduce myself. Have been in the hobby since i was a kid, but got introduced to the aquascaping world lately ( 2013).
I have grown up seeing low tech aquariums. As a kid, i was always attracted towards Bettas. Had plenty of them in my school days, i do still have some. I was amazed, when i saw a planted tank three years ago, but couldn't try it because of less resources in my Home town. Started with my first try, when i moved to the city where i am living in currently. Since then, i am learning, learning and still learning. I had a nano marine FOWLR tank for four months, honestly a failure due to the lack of constant attention(bcos of my profession) and quality of equipment used was another factor too. Trying to grab some knowledge from Online forums, already a member in Aquascaping world Forum, Planted tank and Reef central online. At present, i have one planted tank, one in progress. Planning for one more sooner..
Welcome Jack.

Chennai is a hub of this hobby.

Your questions are always most welcome.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

jack001
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:27 am

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by jack001 » Sat May 28, 2016 2:59 pm

Thank u.
coolbig
Jack

-----------------------------------------
Better to travel well than to arrive

User avatar
parthapratim22
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5289
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:38 am
Location: KOLKATA>HYDERABAD>DELHI

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by parthapratim22 » Sun May 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Welcome Jack
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
9599388127

jack001
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:27 am

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by jack001 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 pm

With Pleasure... :)
Jack

-----------------------------------------
Better to travel well than to arrive

amitnaik1
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by amitnaik1 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi All,

I am Amit from Goa. I have 2 small tanks and have been keeping goldfishes. My father got the first aquarium almost 15 years back! I was not very much aware of this as a hobby. Recently have been looking into planted tanks and since have been fascinated. Have been researching and learning the different aspects of maintenance. I feel there needs to be more awareness on keeping and maintaining aquariums. Basics like water cycling, the ammonia cycle and how it all works should be taught to children. Most shops selling aquariums here will not educate people about this. I see lots of people having aquariums around but none know how to maintain. Internet has been the only source for me to learn from others. I wish to share my experience with others and help them follow this hobby.

Currently I plan to build a planted aquarium and have been gathering the required items. Have many questions still and hope to have insights and help from this community. :)

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10361
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by SCORPIO » Tue May 31, 2016 4:02 pm

amitnaik1 wrote:Hi All,

I am Amit from Goa. I have 2 small tanks and have been keeping goldfishes. My father got the first aquarium almost 15 years back! I was not very much aware of this as a hobby. Recently have been looking into planted tanks and since have been fascinated. Have been researching and learning the different aspects of maintenance. I feel there needs to be more awareness on keeping and maintaining aquariums. Basics like water cycling, the ammonia cycle and how it all works should be taught to children. Most shops selling aquariums here will not educate people about this. I see lots of people having aquariums around but none know how to maintain. Internet has been the only source for me to learn from others. I wish to share my experience with others and help them follow this hobby.

Currently I plan to build a planted aquarium and have been gathering the required items. Have many questions still and hope to have insights and help from this community. :)
Welcome Amit.

We all want to know your experience.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

dr.ashokkumar
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:40 am

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by dr.ashokkumar » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:57 am

so guys iam ashok from pondicherry and working as a doctor , i have a 40 gallon planted tank
tank size 40 gallon
lighting: 4x 14 w t5 + 2x 27 w spiral cfl + 1x 14 w led all rated at 6500k with diy reflector with chrome tape with an 24w rgb led cheap chinese led strip
filtration: diy external canister filter with a 25 l watercan run with a sunsun hqb 2000( @ 1400l/h) pump
filter media: seachem matrix 700ml + ceramic ring 1 kg+ aqua clay ball 2kg+ filter pads and floss+ inline purigen reactor(250 ml)
co2 : ista max mix large co2 reactor paired with 2 , 2l yeast co2 bottle
water circullation : 600l/h powerhead inside tank

substrate: river sand with layer of osmocote plus beneath it
fert: diy dry powder macro and micro mix( dont know what percentage got it from ebay)
water treatment with seachem safe
plants: - anubias nana, barteri, congenensis, gold
micraenthum mat(monte carlo)
ricia mat
ludwigia
hygrofilla dysformis
vals jungle & spiral
swords
java moss, christmas moss, flame moss
bacopa caroliana
bucephalandra kayu manis, brownie phantom, mini coin

and few other dont know names
stocking- neon x11
red eye x7
blood fin x4
saex2
common pleco young x1
mountian minow x4
guppy x4
checkered rainbow x2
rcs aprox 8 with lot of juvinels
ghost x5 with lot of juvinels
malaya shrimp x2
otto x 4
flame gourami x2
neon rainbow x 6
red cherry barb x 6
assasin snail x 4 with lot of baby
drift wood present

so initially i was having few arowanas 3 i guess which passed away ( assholes jumped over and got hit against the hood and died and few due to some bad maintenance since i started the hobby while i was at 10th and didnt know much )
now have a texas blue flowerhorn
and got interest in planted tanks recently and started the journey of planted nature aquarium hobby
planning to build my next 3000l tank within next year
man this is an expensive and addictive hobby !!!

these are the pics of tank

Image
Image
Image

latest pic of tank
Image

this is the flowerhorn , please identify the species and tell if u guys can !
Image

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10361
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by SCORPIO » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:31 am

dr.ashokkumar wrote:so guys iam ashok from pondicherry and working as a doctor , i have a 40 gallon planted tank
tank size 40 gallon
lighting: 4x 14 w t5 + 2x 27 w spiral cfl + 1x 14 w led all rated at 6500k with diy reflector with chrome tape with an 24w rgb led cheap chinese led strip
filtration: diy external canister filter with a 25 l watercan run with a sunsun hqb 2000( @ 1400l/h) pump
filter media: seachem matrix 700ml + ceramic ring 1 kg+ aqua clay ball 2kg+ filter pads and floss+ inline purigen reactor(250 ml)
co2 : ista max mix large co2 reactor paired with 2 , 2l yeast co2 bottle
water circullation : 600l/h powerhead inside tank

substrate: river sand with layer of osmocote plus beneath it
fert: diy dry powder macro and micro mix( dont know what percentage got it from ebay)
water treatment with seachem safe
plants: - anubias nana, barteri, congenensis, gold
micraenthum mat(monte carlo)
ricia mat
ludwigia
hygrofilla dysformis
vals jungle & spiral
swords
java moss, christmas moss, flame moss
bacopa caroliana
bucephalandra kayu manis, brownie phantom, mini coin

and few other dont know names
stocking- neon x11
red eye x7
blood fin x4
saex2
common pleco young x1
mountian minow x4
guppy x4
checkered rainbow x2
rcs aprox 8 with lot of juvinels
ghost x5 with lot of juvinels
malaya shrimp x2
otto x 4
flame gourami x2
neon rainbow x 6
red cherry barb x 6
assasin snail x 4 with lot of baby
drift wood present

so initially i was having few arowanas 3 i guess which passed away ( assholes jumped over and got hit against the hood and died and few due to some bad maintenance since i started the hobby while i was at 10th and didnt know much )
now have a texas blue flowerhorn
and got interest in planted tanks recently and started the journey of planted nature aquarium hobby
planning to build my next 3000l tank within next year
man this is an expensive and addictive hobby !!!

these are the pics of tank

Image
Image
Image

latest pic of tank
Image

this is the flowerhorn , please identify the species and tell if u guys can !
Image

Welcome Dr. Ashok in forum.

Please start seperate topic for your planted and flowerhorn in appropriate forum. You have a very beautiful scape so please show some more photographs.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

Samar_aquascaper
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:39 pm

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by Samar_aquascaper » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:18 pm

Hello Friends,

I am Samar from bangalore. I have been in this hobby since 3 yrs. Initially I used to have a 2ft tank with gold fish and sharks. But latter on seeing some videos on youtube of planted tanks, lush green carpets i got fascinated towards planted tank. Currently i have 2 tanks. Old 2 ft tank with 1 black angel (with me over 2 yrs + 6 tiger barbs). 2nd one is a high tech planted aquarium 2.5 ft. I have started a new scape 5 weeks back (sand fountain). Really love the way it is coming up. I joined the group to learn lot of things from my co hobbyist. Looking forward to it.

Thanks.

Post Reply